AAN Code of Ethics
We the members of the Apartment Association of Nebraska, Inc., recognizing our duty to the public, the apartment resident and the owner or manager, and aware of the vastly increasing role of the apartment industry in providing the home of the future, and in order to provide the apartment residing public with the maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, do hereby bind ourselves, with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, with each and every member, together and alone, agreeing that so long as we remain members of the Apartment Association of Nebraska, Inc., and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
- Maintain and operate our apartment homes in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competition, ever mindful of the purpose of the Apartment Association of Nebraska, Inc. and in compliance with the By-laws thereof.
- Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the apartment industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served.
- Seek to provide excellence in value, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living.
- Establish high ethical standards of conduct with apartment rental agencies, suppliers and others doing business with the apartment industry.
- Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud the apartment residing public and to aid in the exposure of those responsible.
- Refrain from attempting to obtain apartment residents, by means of deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statement, misrepresentations or the use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability, through advertising or otherwise.
- Neither deny housing or employment to any person for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, physical or mental impairment; not be a party to any plan or agreement to discriminate against a person or persons on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, physical or mental impairment.